Summer is fading away and fall is quickly approaching. With only so many sunny summer days left, it’s important to make the most of them with fun summertime activities. Whether you have a summer bucket list or not, we’ve compiled a list of activities to make sure you take full advantage of this end-of-summer season.
- Get Active Outside: Embrace the outdoor weather while you can and get outside. Ride a bike along a trail, take a walk in the park or bring the paddleboard out and spend the day on the lake. Become one with nature and save the Netflix binges for the winter months.
- Host a Picnic or Grill Out: Summer is the perfect season to gather around and entertain outside. Lay a blanket on the lawn and enjoy a picnic feast or fire up the grill for a summer evening cookout with friends. The best part is you don’t have to leave your yard to do either.
- Go on a Day Trip: Planning an extensive vacation may not fit into your end-of-summer timeline, but a fun day trip is an easy way to get in a summertime adventure. Now is the time to visit that cool mountain city you’ve been wanting to explore or that state park you’ve been dying to visit. All it takes is a day.
- Read a Book: Sticking to that summer reading list can be hard, but just because the season is almost over doesn’t mean it’s too late. Pick up that book you’ve been meaning to read or finish one you’ve already started before the busy fall season kicks in.
- Have an Ice Cream Outing: At Honey Farms, we’re all about the sweet life. Therefore, it’s only fitting that we endorse taking a break to enjoy a sweet scoop (or two) of delicious ice cream. Better yet, make a meal out of it for a fun summertime tradition. Ice cream for dinner, anyone?
- Buy Fresh, Local Produce There’s nothing like fresh summer produce. Visit your local farmers market and pick up a few seasonal favorites like sweet strawberries, juicy peaches, tasty vine-ripe tomatoes and fresh summer cucumbers You can also find a local farm and pick the produce fresh from the source.
- Sit Around the Fire: Nothing screams summer like a cool evening around the fire. Sit comfortably around a home firepit or build an old-fashioned campfire. All you need is some good friends, some good conversations and lots of marshmallows.
- Enjoy Live Outdoor Music: Take advantage of live outdoor music, whether you attend a music festival, a live concert or a local band on the patio. Most city’s offer free shows in parks during the summer months, making it even easier to attend. Honey Farms residents have the added bonus of being just a short drive from Nashville, America’s “Music City.”
- Help Out a Cause: Before the hectic fall season takes over, take some time out of your summer days to volunteer and give back to the community. Consider volunteering at a local animal shelter, donating school supplies to a local school or collecting food items for a local food bank.
- Tour a Honey Farms Townhome: The best way to wrap up the summer is by visiting Spring House at Honey Farms! Come tour one of our move-in ready homes and get a taste of what it’s like to live the sweet life. Visit www.HoneyFarmsLiving.com to learn more or call 1-833-65HONEY to schedule a tour.
What’s on your end-of-summer bucket list?